Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jason Richwine's Heritage Foundation Study on the Lower IQ's of Immigrants



My father was often found of saying that the more education some people get the dumber they become.

While I don't think that was the case after I had earned my second Masters Degree, I believe that my father would be shouting this from the rooftop if he had head about today's publication of a "study" written by Jason Richwine for the Heritage Foundation.  This "study" entitled "IQ and Immigration Policy" promotes the theory that immigrants have an lower IQ than those of White Natives.

This is the title of Richwine's 2009 doctoral dissertation submitted to Harvard University from which Richwine earned his PhD.  This thesis claims that " there are deep=set differentials in intelligence between races."   I would suspect that Harvard is not answering their telephone or emails today.

Permit me to share with you some of Dr. Richwine's theories:

"No one knows whether Hispanics will ever reach IQ parity with whites, but the prediction that new Hispanic immigrants will have low-IQ children and grandchildren is difficult to argue against.  From the perspective of Americans alive today, the low average IQ of Hispanics is effectively permanent."

As our government is working of the matter of Immigration Reform, those in Congress who are embracing this "study" to defeat much needed Immigration Reform are only embracing racism.

I think that in this case of higher academic learning, my dad was right.


No comments:

Post a Comment