Sunday, May 9, 2010

Jesus v. Bloggers

While I don't wish to become preoccupied with the matter of anonymous trash bloggers soiling the Internet, I was thinking - during my drive from my residence to the 3:00 PM Mass at Holy Family - about the endless grief Jesus would have had to endure had anonymous bloggers been around to trash him on the Internet.

I can imagine the Blog Headlines:

Illegitimate Son of Carpenter's Wife Son of Satan

Road Bums Grift for Food and Lodging

Jesus Gets Hot Oil Rub-down From Whore

You all get the idea? I bet you can picture some loon sitting at their computer to shrieking their hatred onto the net - just for the sake of doing so and knowing that they can hide their true identity and avoid moral responsibility.

I have been saddened to watch a colleague-in-ministry undergo a hideous series of vulgar attacks by an anonymous blogger. He and I have spoken about this exercise in sickness and I have been impressed with his attitude - "the truth will always break through the darkness of evil."

We both agree that if Jesus begun his public ministry in this time in history - the sickness of some bloggers would make the passion of Jesus pale by comparison.

It at time that I believe the best course of action to take is to deeply take into heart the words of Jesus himself: "Father, they do not know what they do."

Sincerely Yours in Christ,

+James Alan Wilkowski

Evangelical Catholic Bishop for the Diocese of the Northwest
Chicago, Illinois

www.evangelicalcatholicchurch.org/northwest.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment